1 Refer to the exhibit. Host1 is in the process of setting up a TCP session with Host2. Host1 has sent a SYN message to begin session establishment. What happens next?
*This contains a Telnet request.
1. In an IPv4 environment, what information is used by the router to forward data packets from one interface of a router to another?
• destination network address
2. What information is added during encapsulation at OSI Layer 3?
• source and destination IP address
3. In a connectionless system, which of the following is correct?
• The destination is not contacted before a packet is sent.
4. Which IP packet field will prevent endless loops?
5. Which portion of the network layer address does a router use to forward packets?
• network portion
6. Refer to the exhibit. Using the network in the exhibit, what would be the default gateway address for host A in the 22.214.171.124 network?
7. If the default gateway is configured incorrectly on the host, what is the impact on communications?
• The host can communicate with other hosts on the local network, but is unable to communicate with hosts on remote networks.
8. What is the purpose of a default gateway?
• identifies the device that allows local network computers to communicate with devices on other networks
9. What type of routing uses information that is manually entered into the routing table?
10. When the destination network is not listed in the routing table of a Cisco router, what are two possible actions that the router might take? (Choose two.)
• The router discards the packet.
• The router forwards the packet out the interface indicated by the default route entry.
11. What are the key factors to consider when grouping hosts into a common network? (Choose three.)
• geographic location
12. What is a component of a routing table entry?
• the next-hop address
13. Which intermediary devices could be used to implement security between networks? (Choose two.)
14. What are three common problems with a large network? (Choose three.)
• too few broadcasts
• performance degradation
• security issues
• host identification
15. Refer to the exhibit. All devices shown in the exhibit have factory default settings. How many broadcast domains are represented in the topology that is shown?
16. Which three statements are true about routes and their use? (Choose three.)
* If the destination network is directly connected, the router forwards the packet to the destination host.
• If no route exists for the destination network and a default route is present, the packet is forwarded to the next-hop router.
• If the originating host has a default gateway configured, the packet for a remote network can be forwarded using that route.
17. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is troubleshooting a connectivity problem and needs to determine the address that is used to forward network packets out the network. Using the netstat -r command, the administrator would identify which address as the address to which all hosts send packets that are destined for an outside network?
18. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator notices that there are too many broadcasts on the network. What two steps can the network administrator take to resolve this problem? (Choose two.)
• Replace S2 with a router.
• Subnet the 192.168.0.0 /24 network.
19. Refer to the exhibit. The network in the exhibit is fully operational. What two statements correctly describe the routing for the topology that is shown? (Choose two.)
• 192.168.0.2 is the next-hop address that is used by R3 to route a packet from the 10.0.0.0 network to the 172.16.0.0 network.
• 192.168.0.1 is the next-hop address that is used by R2 to route a packet from the 172.16.0.0 network to the 192.168.12.0 network.
20. What two characteristics are commonly associated with dynamic routing protocols? (Choose two.)
• provide routers with up-to-date routing tables
• consume bandwidth to exchange route information
21. What statement describes the purpose of a default route?
• A host uses a default route to transfer data to a host outside the local network when no other route to the destination exists.
How many bits make up an IPv4 address?
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has to develop an IP addressing scheme that uses the 192.168.1.0 /24 address space. The network that contains the serial link has already been addressed out of a separate range. Each network will be allocated the same number of host addresses. Which network mask will be appropriate to address the remaining networks?
Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator has assigned the internetwork of LBMISS an address range of 192.168.10.0. This address range has been subnetted using a /29 mask. In order to accommodate a new building, the technician has decided to use the fifth subnet for configuring the new network (subnet zero is the first subnet). By company policies, the router interface is always assigned the first usable host address and the workgroup server is given the last usable host address. Which configuration should be entered into the workgroup server's properties to allow connectivity to the network?
IP address: 192.168.10.38 subnet mask: 255.255.255.240 default gateway: 192.168.10.39
IP address: 192.168.10.38 subnet mask: 255.255.255.240 default gateway: 192.168.10.33
IP address: 192.168.10.38 subnet mask: 255.255.255.248 default gateway: 192.168.10.33 **
IP address: 192.168.10.39 subnet mask: 255.255.255.248 default gateway: 192.168.10.31
IP address: 192.168.10.254 subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 default gateway: 192.168.10.1
Refer to the exhibit. Which network prefix will work with the IP addressing scheme shown in the graphic.
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator discovers that host A is having trouble with Internet connectivity, but the server farm has full connectivity. In addition, host A has full connectivity to the server farm. What is a possible cause of this problem?
The router has an incorrect gateway.
Host A has an overlapping network address.
Host A has an incorrect default gateway configured.
Host A has an incorrect subnet mask.
NAT is required for the host A network. **
What subnet mask would a network administrator assign to a network address of 172.30.1.0 if it were possible to have up to 254 hosts?
Given the IP address and subnet mask of 172.16.134.64 255.255.255.224, which of the following would describe this address?
This is a useable host address.
This is a broadcast address.
This is a network address. **
This is not a valid address.
What three facts are true about the network portion of an IPv4 address? (Choose three.)
identifies an individual device
is identical for all hosts in a broadcast domain
is altered as packet is forwarded **
varies in length **
is used to forward packets **
uses flat addressing
What is the network address of the host 172.25.67.99 /23 in binary?
10101100. 00011001.01000010.00000000 **
10101100. 00010001.01000011. 01100010
A router interface has been assigned an IP address of 172.16.192.166 with a mask of 255.255.255.248. To which subnet does the IP address belong?
Refer to the exhibit. Why would the response shown be displayed after issuing the command ping 127.0.0.1 on a PC?
The IP settings are not properly configured on the host. **
Internet Protocol is not properly installed on the host.
There is a problem at the physical or data link layer.
The default gateway device is not operating.
A router on the path to the destination host has gone down.
What two things will happen if a router receives an ICMP packet which has a TTL value of 1 and the destination host is several hops away? (Choose two.)
The router will discard the packet.
The router will decrement the TTL value and forward the packet to the next router on the path to the destination host.
The router will send a time exceeded message to the source host. **
The router will increment the TTL value and forward the packet to the next router on the path to the destination host.
The router will send an ICMP Redirect Message to the source host. **
Refer to the exhibit. An administrator is designing security rules for the 192.168.22.0 /24 network. Each security rule requires an address and mask pair to represent the machines that will be affected by the rule. Which two address and mask pairs will be the most precise way to reference the servers and hosts separately. (Choose two.)
192.168.22.100 255.255.255.254 **
192.168.22.1 255.255.255.192 **
Which of the following are features of IPv6? (Choose three.)
larger address space **
faster routing protocols
data types and classes of service **
authentication and encryption **
improved host naming conventions
same addressing scheme as IPv4
Which process do routers use to determine the subnet network address based upon a given IP address and subnet mask?
binary ANDing **
What is the primary reason for development of IPv6?
header format simplification
expanded addressing capabilities **
Which three IP addresses are private? (Choose three.)
Which statements are true regarding IP addressing? (Choose two.)
NAT translates public addresses to private addresses destined for the Internet.
Only one company is allowed to use a specific private network address space.
Private addresses are blocked from public Internet by router. **
Network 126.96.36.199 is part of the private address space.
IP address 127.0.0.1 can be used for a host to direct traffic to itself. **
Which IPv4 subnetted addresses represent valid host addresses? (Choose three.)
172.16.4.155 /26 **
172.16.4.193 /26 **
172.16.4.207 /27 **